Skip to main content
↑ Back to the start
10 months 2 weeks ago

The man of perfect virtue is cautious and slow in his speech. When a man feels the difficulty of doing, can he be other than cautious and slow in speaking?

0
⚖0
10 months 2 weeks ago

A man's character is formed by the Odes, developed by the Rites and perfected by music.

0
⚖0
10 months 2 weeks ago

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are things to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honor are things to be ashamed of.

0
⚖0
10 months 2 weeks ago

The silent treasuring up of knowledge; learning without satiety; and instructing others without being wearied: which one of these things belongs to me? To keep silently in mind what one has seen and heard, to study hard and never feel contented, to teach others tirelessly; have I done (all of) these things?

0
⚖0
10 months 2 weeks ago

Leaving virtue without proper cultivation; not thoroughly discussing what is learned; not being able to move towards righteousness of which a knowledge is gained; and not being able to change what is not good: these are the things which occasion me solicitude.

0
⚖0
10 months 2 weeks ago

The superior man is satisfied and composed; the mean man is always full of distress. The virtuous is frank and open; the non-virtuous is secretive and worrying.

0
⚖0
10 months 2 weeks ago

When I walk along with two others, they may serve me as my teachers. I will select their good qualities and follow them, their bad qualities and avoid them.

0
⚖0
10 months 2 weeks ago

I do not open up the truth to one who is not eager to get knowledge, nor help out any one who is not anxious to explain himself. When I have presented one corner of a subject to any one, and he cannot from it learn the other three, I do not repeat my lesson.

0
⚖0
10 months 2 weeks ago

Cornered vessel without corners, strange cornered vessel, strange cornered vessel.

0
⚖0
10 months 2 weeks ago

To rank the effort above the prize may be called love.

0
⚖0

CivilSimian.com created by AxiomaticPanic, CivilSimian, Kalokagathia