Skip to main content
↑ Back to the start
10 months 2 weeks ago

The man of virtue makes the difficulty to be overcome his first business, and success only a subsequent consideration: this may be called perfect virtue.

0
⚖0
10 months 2 weeks ago

The superior man, extensively studying all learning, and keeping himself under the restraint of the rules of propriety, may thus likewise not overstep what is right.

0
⚖0
10 months 2 weeks ago

To give one's self earnestly to the duties due to men, and, while respecting spiritual beings, to keep aloof from them, may be called wisdom.

0
⚖0
10 months 2 weeks ago

The wise find pleasure in water; the virtuous find pleasure in hills. The wise are active; the virtuous are tranquil. The wise are joyful; the virtuous are long-lived.

0
⚖0
10 months 2 weeks ago

To those whose talents are above mediocrity, the highest subjects may be announced. To those who are below mediocrity, the highest subjects may not be announced.

0
⚖0
10 months 2 weeks ago

They who know the truth are not equal to those who love it, and they who love it are not equal to those who delight in it.

0
⚖0
10 months 2 weeks ago

Chi Wan thought thrice, and then acted. When the Master was informed of it, he said, "Twice may do."

0
⚖0
10 months 2 weeks ago

When you serve your mother and father it is okay to try to correct them once in a while. But if you see that they are not going to listen to you, keep your respect for them and don't distance yourself from them. Work without complaining.

0
⚖0
10 months 2 weeks ago

I am not concerned that I have no place; I am concerned how I may fit myself for one. I am not concerned that I am not known; I seek to be worthy to be known.

0
⚖0
10 months 2 weeks ago

The superior man thinks of virtue; the small man thinks of comfort. The superior man thinks of the sanctions of law; the small man thinks of favors which he may receive.

0
⚖0

CivilSimian.com created by AxiomaticPanic, CivilSimian, Kalokagathia